Basic steps to set up the first connection:
The basic steps to get up and running will involve setup of Splashtop Center, Splashtop Enterprise app on mobile device, and Splashtop Streamer on host machines.
Splashtop Center serves to authenticate users, and connection broker. Therefore, both Splashtop Enterprise app and Splashtop Streamer will need to log into Splashtop Center before any connection. Should there is any problem with no streamer or client found under Device tab of Splashtop Center, you will get diagnostic code "0x0020501" or "0x0020601"when running Diagnostic tool.
Below are basic instructions to setup respective components. The first five steps should be done by you, the IT Administrator, and the remaining steps will be done by the users.
IT Administrator Responsibility :
- The IT Administrator sets up Splashtop Center on the company network.
- The IT Administrator groups the computers as desired, and sets user permissions accordingly. For an example “use case,” please see section 6.5, Creating and Administrating Groups.
- The IT Administrator creates user accounts.
- The IT Administrator notifies users that they have been added to Splashtop Center, and provides specific credentials to them such as activation code and/or password.
- The IT Administrator downloads the Streamer and installs it on all the computers which he or she wants to be available to users for remote access.
User Responsibility :
- On client (mobile) device
- The user downloads Splashtop Enterprise client app to his/her mobile device and installs it.
- The user invokes the client app on his/her mobile device (needs activation if Device Activation is enabled), and logs in using the password given by IT Admin.
- On host (PC or Notebook) machine
- The user downloads Splashtop Streamer to his/her host machine in office/home, and install it.
- The user launches Splashtop Streamer, logs in using the same password as in the client app. Keep Streamer log in, and wait for connection request from client.
Please sign in to leave a comment.