In the Splashtop Connector, RDP resources will be available for the Splashtop On-Prem app to access by setting up Profiles. A profile setting consists of three sections: General settings, Streamer settings, and RDP settings.
You can create multiple Profiles in the Splashtop Connector. These RDP resources will contribute to the total computer number of your Splashtop team.
Enable the profile to make the RDP resource available for remote access.
- Profile Name, which will be shown in the Splashtop On-Prem client app. Give the Profile a meaningful name to let users know what the RDP machine is for.
- Enable session recording, turn on this option to automatically record the RDP sessions, which can be set on an individual Profile basis. The recordings are saved in the specified path on the Splashtop Connector machine.
- Gateway Address, Splashtop Connector will be limited to one Gateway. User needs to configure the Gateway Address in Settings page. Only verified Gateway Address can be saved.
- Deploy Code, Splashtop uses deploy packages to determine the RDP resource's default computer group and access permissions. Please see this article on how to create deploy packages. Once created, enter the Deploy Code in this field.
- Mode, Splashtop Connector supports both RDP for individual computers, and RDS as virtual desktops. RDS will require Windows Server and RDS licenses.
- Pool Size, if RDS is chosen, you can set the pool size, which means how many users can connect to RDS virtual desktops simultaneously. The pool size will contribute to the total number of computers in the Splashtop team.
- Remote Computer, you can pre-configure a remote computer's IP/DNS or ask the user to input this info when connecting to the machine.
- Ask user to specify which remote computer to connect to, useful for ad-hoc support
- Fixed Remote computer with specified information, for connecting to a specific machine
- Login Credential
- Ask user to login with Windows username and password, user needs to input the remote computer's login credential to connect
- Fixed username and password, user can connect to the remote computer with the pre-configured user name and password
- Run in remote application mode, if you have configured and published remote apps on your RDS server, you can let the session run in remote app mode. Turn on this option to set further settings for remote application
- Remote App alias, or Remote App full path, depending on your choice
- Optional remote application parameters, you need to enable remote application parameter support on RDS server.
- Color depth, choose the color depth
- Audio playback, choose the audio playback option
You can enable this profile immediately by turning on Enable this profile immediately after saving, or enable it in the main window.
Please sign in to leave a comment.