For better security, all devices where you run the Splashtop On-Prem app and log in with your Splashtop Account now need to be authenticated via email or web console.
The emails should only trigger once per application/browser per computer. Meaning logging into the On-Prem app for the first time will trigger the email once and logging into the website in a new browser should trigger it once.
When you log into a new device for the first time, if your system administrator decided to use email authentication, we will email you an authentication link. You will need to click on the link before you can log in successfully and start using the Splashtop On-Prem app on that device. (Wait 5 minutes to try a login to get another email sent out).
System administrator can configure who should receive the emails with the owner account by log in Splashtop Gateway web console top menu->Management -> Team Settings
Why am I not getting verification emails?
If you are not seeing the emails, please check the following:
- Please check in a few minutes, mail routing may be delayed
- Please check your spam and junk folders
- Your email service (i.e outlook) has a black or white list and we are being blocked by that list/ yet to be approved.
- In Outlook 2010/2013, click the Junk button on the ribbon and select Junk E-Mail Options. You'll find the whitelists on Safe Senders and Safe Recipients tabs. Blacklist is on Blocked Senders tab.
- Your network/domain has all emails from splashtop blocked and auto removed
- Should this be the case please communicate with your local network/IT admin to allow splashtop emails through
Clicking on the verification link doesn't work?
Sometimes you receive the verification email but clicking on the authentication link doesn't work. This can happen if the saved cookies on the browser are interfering sometimes. The easiest solution is to open a new private browser/incognito window.
Then from here fetch a fresh authentication email and go to your email to authentication all while using the incognito window/private window.
- Please add a valid SMTP Server and test the function before using Email device/browser authentication.
- If you no longer have access to the email address you used as the Splashtop ID, please change your Splashtop ID to a new email address and try to log in again. The authentication email will be sent to your new email address.
- Changing your Splashtop ID will clear all previously authenticated devices.