By default, the native resolution of the remote computer is streamed. Some networks may be bandwidth limited or you prefer the screen resolution to fit your local monitor better.
Before connecting to a remote computer,
- Open the On-Prem app
- Click/tap on the edit icon next to the computer, normally a gear shaped icon
- On the Resolution setting, choose the setting that works best for you
- Native resolution of remote computer - no change to remote computer resolution, may have black bars show
- Best fit to client computer - adjusts remote computer resolution to the same aspect ratio as the local computer, icons may not move back
- 1024x768 - adjusts remote computer resolution to 1024x768, icons may not move back
- 800x600 - adjusts remote computer resolution to 800x600, icons may not move back
Another way to use less network bandwidth is to send less frames per a second. While in a remote connection, from toolbar, select the Eyeball icon and adjust the frames per a second.
- High - ~30 frames per second
- Medium - ~15 frames per second
- Low - ~5 frames per second