Apple introduces a new security feature that requires user approval before loading new third-party extensions on a macOS 10.13 or later machine. Therefore, you might need to approve the loading of Splashtop Remote Sound before you can stream sound from a macOS device to your device.
(If all below instructions have been applied but still no sound, please follow this article for the workaround: Link.)
How to approve the loading of Splashtop Remote Sound
1. After installing STE v126.96.36.199 or newer version streamer on a macOS 10.13 or later device, the system will pop up a warning.
2. Click "Open Security Preferences" or go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy / General tab, click the "Allow" button on option System software from developer "Splashtop Inc." was blocked from loading. The allow button might be blocked, please remember unlocking then click the allow button.
Please note that the option to allow loading is only available for 30 minutes after the System Extension Blocked warning popped.
3. Click "OK" if System Extension Warning popped.
What if I missed the 30 minutes timer to load Splashtop Remote Sound?
Please follow the steps to re-install the Mac Streamer:
a. Double-click on the "Splashtop_Streamer_Mac_vx.x.x.x.dmg" file. (The file name will vary depending on the version downloaded.)
b. Open the DMG file then double-click "Uninstall Splashtop Streamer."
c. If a warning message appears, click "Open" in the message box.
d. Input user password to continue the Running if the system requests it.
e. Open "Splashtop_Streamer_Mac_vx.x.x.x.dmg" file to re-install Mac Streamer
f. Restart your Mac
Why is there still no sound after approving the loading of Splashtop Remote Sound?
1. Make sure the Splashtop Remote Sound is installed.
You can follow the below steps to verify that Splashtop Remote Sound is correctly installed.
a. Open System Preferences and select Sound as shown below:
b. The "Input" and "Output" of the Sound settings should contain Splashtop Remote Sound as shown below:
2. Please make sure Input volume and Output volume are at maximum when during a remote session. This may help if you still can't get sound. (Some users told us that this was the reason why they were not getting sound on their tablet/phone.)
3. For macOS 10.14 or later, the additional microphone setting is required to allow the Splashtop Streamer to stream sound over the remote connection:
(Please note that if this is already checked, you can uncheck and recheck it. Users have reported that this action prompts the permission to reset if it wasn't working before.)
4. Please verify that the "Output sound over the remote connection only" button is selected in the Settings tab of the Splashtop Streamer box as shown below.
5. If your Sound settings contain Soundflower instead of Splashtop Remote Sound (like below picture):
Please follow the steps to re-install the Sound Driver:
a. Click "Uninstall Sound Driver" in the Settings tab of the Splashtop Streamer box：
b.Click "Install Splashtop Streamer" as shown below:
c. Restart your Mac.