In Splashtop On-Prem platform, it is now possible to remotely control a Samsung device with Splashtop Streamer for On-Prem or Splashtop SOS for On-Prem. There are two options to enable remote control on Samsung devices.
Option 1: Install the Splashtop add-on (Knox) app from the Google Play Store
1. This feature is supported for:
- Splashtop Streamer for On-Prem v22.214.171.124 or above
- Splashtop SOS for On-Prem v126.96.36.199 or above
You are recommended to update your Streamer/SOS to the latest version from the Google Play Store for best experience and performance.
2. You can check whether your Samsung device supports Knox and its version of built-in Knox from the link below:
3. Install Splashtop Add-on: Samsung (Knox) from Play Store
3.1 If your device is with Knox 2.7.1 or up, please download and install "Splashtop Add-on: Samsung (Knox)" from the link below:
3.2 If your device is with Knox 2.7 or lower, please download and install "Splashtop Add-on: Samsung (Know legacy)" from the link below:
4. From the main screen of Splashtop SOS for On-Prem or Splashtop Streamer for On-Prem, tap "CONFIGURE" to configure the add-on, or directly tap Splashtop Add-on: Samsung app to configure
5.Tap GRANT SYSTEM PRIVILEGE -> ACTIVATE-> CONFIRM to enable the add-on
- Device Admin required to make it work
- The device should be able to access the Internet to enable Knox license
Option 2: Enable remote control by turning on the accessibility service
- Splashtop Streamer for On-Prem or Splashtop SOS for On-Prem version 3.4.1 and above
- Android OS 8.0 and up
1. Download Splashtop Streamer for On-Prem or Splashtop SOS for On-Prem from the Google Play Store
2. On your Samsung device, go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Installed/downloaded services -> find Splashtop streamer for On-Prem or Splashtop SOS for On-Prem -> ON
That's it! Now when you remote into the device, you will just need to click Allow to have full control. Refer to what that looks like below:
NOTE: For some Android 10 devices, you may need to re-grant accessibility, or agree to pop-up "Exposing sensitive info during casting recording" again, after streamer restarts.
Once you've done the above steps and followed either option, you'll be able to connect to the Samsung device with remote control.