Backup schedule is a useful way to ensure that backups are done in a consistent and timely manner. As long as the backup schedule is configured and enabled, the system can regularly perform a data backup in a proper schedule.
Where can you configure Backup Schedule?
To configure Backup Schedule, you have to use the Team Owner Account to log in to the Splashtop Gateway web portal. Team owner account is the email address used to activate the license of Splashtop On-Prem system.
After logging in to the Gateway web portal, go to the System menu bar, and then navigate to Maintenance page and click Backup Schedule button.
Backup Schedule Settings
Now you need to configure these items to create your backup schedule policy.
- Status, turn on this option to enable backup schedule. If this option is not enabled, the backup schedule will not run even if the configuration is saved.
- Backup Folder, show the path where the backup schedule file is stored.
- Backup Choice, choose whether to include Gateway logs in the backup schedule file and the right-hand area of the page will show the exact scope of the current backup according to the settings of backup choice.
- Enter Password, you are required to set a password for the ZIP file to be produced, before initiating the whole backup process.
- Confirm Password, you are required to set a password for the ZIP file to be produced, before initiating the whole backup process.
- Backup Days, choose the backup days for backup schedule.
- Backup Time, choose the backup time for backup schedule.
- Retention Rule, choose how many backups you need to keep in backup folder.
- Only one backup can run at the same time.
- To ensure the efficiency of the backup schedule, the endpoints will not be included in the backup schedule file