Starting v188.8.131.52, Splashtop supports stylus devices and pen events such as pressure, orientation, tilt, size etc. Before v184.108.40.206, only general mouse data and touch events were supported.
This remote stylus feature uses a pen input injection capability from Windows 10, so it is only available when connecting to a Windows 10 streamer. Remote stylus features can also be used with USB/Device passthrough for Windows starting v220.127.116.11.
Note: Supported since Gateway version v3.14.0 or above.
- Windows 10 or iPad iOS 13, On-Prem App v18.104.22.168+
- Windows 10 build 1809 and above, or Windows Server 2019, Splashtop Streamer v22.214.171.124+
- For Windows 10: Wacom, Surface, PenPower
- For iPad, iOS 13: Apple Pencil
How to enable Remote Stylus
From Windows 10 On-Prem App:
- From the On-Prem App, log in and connect to your computer.
- Click the Actions icon in the session toolbar and click Enable Remote Stylus.
From iPad On-Prem App:
- From the Business App, log in and connect to your computer.
- Tap the bottom right arrow icon to expand the session toolbar.
- Tap the Actions icon and select Enable Remote Apple Pencil.
Note: The Remote Stylus/Apple Pencil capability will only be visible when connecting to/from the supported OS requirements.