Splashtop On-Prem client for Mac is available for download in the Splashtop Gateway web portal.
Use Safari or Chrome to open the gateway web portal, and log in using your own account which is created by an admin inside the Splashtop On-Prem system.
Launch Splashtop On-Prem app after it is installed. Beside the username and password, you will be asked to fill in the Gateway at the login page. The Gateway refers to the IP address (with the port number) of the Splashtop On-Prem server. If you don't know what it is, ask your admin.
With the menu bar available on left top of the window, here is what you can do before you log in to the Splashtop On-Prem.
1. Check the version of Splashtop On-Prem: just click on About Splashtop On-Prem
2. The Preferences menu contains these options:
On General tab:
- Reduce display quality when network is slow
- Show solid color background on remote computer desktop
- Allow screensaver: whether to disable screensaver in the client computer
- Show remote cursor
- Product Improvement
- Clear all saved login credentials
On Advanced tab:
- Enable hardware acceleration (for macOS 10.11 and above)
- Start session recording automatically when a remote session starts
3. Send Debug Log: you can find the location of the debug log file under the Help menu
Now let's log in to Splashtop On-Prem.
Left to the Search bar, an SOS icon is available if you account is entitled to a valid SOS license.
The available remote computers (computers with Streamer deployed) are listed in Groups. The icons of the computers indicate the type of OS (Windows, Mac or Android) and the status (offline devices display grey color).
When the computer icon is highlighted by a single click, a row of smaller icons appear on the right, which allow you to do the following:
1. Start a remote control session to the target remote computer
2. Start a file transfer session: File Transfer
3. Start a off-session chat session: Chat
4. Start a remote command session: this icon will launch a Windows prompt command or Mac terminal command and allow you to perform basic command line actions over the remote computer
5. Show information of the remote computer
Besides displaying the computer info, this page also allows you to do the following tasks:
- Disconnect an on-going remote control session or remote command session
- Specify a preferred resolution for remote sessions to this computer
- Clear Credentials: if the Streamer enables "Require Windows login" option, users must verify Windows credential before establishing a connection to the remote computer. The Windows Credentials can be saved so you don't have to go through the step for subsequent logins. If you don't want the credentials to be remembered any longer, use this Clear Credentials.
- Delete Computer (only to Admin): Admin can use this option to remove log out the remote Streamer
- Restart the Streamer: restart the Streamer in the remote computer
- Normal Reboot: reboot the remote computer
- Safe-Mode Reboot: reboot the remote computer in safe mode
Toolbar for Splashtop On-Prem
Once Splashtop On-Prem client connects to a remote desktop, the toolbar menu appears at the top of the window. Below shows the list of tools available in the menu.
1. Chat: start a chat window between the remote and local computers
2. Session recording: start screen session recording recording. Recording files can be found in Documents folder.
3. File transfer: start a file transfer session between the remote and local computer
- Blank Screen: enable/disable blank screen of the remote (Streamer) computer
- Lock Keyboard and Mouse: lock the keyboard and mouse in the remote computer
- Paste Clipboard as Keystrokes: paste the content from the clipboard as if the keys were stroked in sequence. It can be useful to fill some specific fields such as password.
5. Send Ctrl+Alt+Delete: to send the key combination to remote computer
6. Full screen: to enter/exit full screen
7. Quality: options to choose screen size and frame rate. Remote cursor can be hidden or shown from here too.
8. Monitor selector: to select which one of the remote monitors to show. You can also choose to show all monitors in one windows or multiple windows (multi-to-multi monitor).
9. Monitor switch: a shortcut to quickly switch between monitors.