- Off-session File Transfer
- In-session File Transfer
- Disable File Transfer Function
- File Transfer Logging
Off-session File Transfer
In-session File Transfer
In-session file transfer happens during an active remote control session. There are three methods available for in-session file transfer.
- File transfer button: the button is available at the menu bar once a remote control connection is initiated.
- Copy and paste: upon connection, you can directly copy a file or a folder from the remote computer and paste in the local computer, or vice versa.
- Drag and drop: you can drag a file or a folder from the remote computer window and drop it to the local computer window using your mouse, or vice versa.
Disable File Transfer Function
By default file transfer function is enabled. However, the team administrator (the owner account) has the option to disable it in order to comply with certain IT security policy.
Log in to the Splashtop Gateway web portal using the team administrator's account and follow the steps below to disable/enable file transfer feature.