If you are using Freshservice to support customers or colleagues, it is now possible to remotely access the end user's computer to troubleshoot an issue easily, closely and efficiently, by launching the connection from the support ticket itself. Splashtop On-Prem, a top notch remote desktop solution with in-house deployment capability, is currently available to seamlessly integrate with your Freshservice account.
This article will guide you through the setup of the integration and how to use Splashtop to support your Freshservice end users.
Set Up Splashtop On-Prem - Freshservice Integration
The setup of Splashtop On-Prem - Freshservice Integration is a one-time effort to connect the two systems using an API key. You'll need an administrator account for both Splashtop On-Prem and Freshservice to carry out the task.
1. Generate API key from Splashtop Gateway
Only a team owner is able to generate API keys from Splashtop Gateway.
Log in to Splashtop Gateway using team owner account, and browse to Management > Team > Splashtop On-Demand Support Settings/SOS > Third Party Integration.
Click on the button Setup API Key.
In the pop-up window, check the checkbox at the beginning of the Freshservice row. This would generate an API key in the Key field.
The API key can be replaced with a new one by clicking on Get New Key button. The previous key will then be nullified.
2. Install Splasthop SOS On-Prem app in Freshservice Marketplace
Open Freshworks Marketplace from: https://www.freshworks.com/apps/
In the search box, enter "Splashtop", and choose "Splashtop SOS On-Prem" app for FRESHSERVICE.
Click Install button and enter your company's Freshservice page to proceed.
3. Apply API key
Placeholder %%LINK%% contains the information of Splashtop Gateway address and the SOS download link.
When the integration is commissioned successfully, a Freshservice technician (Agent) should be able to see the Splashtop SOS On-Prem app inside the APPS window on the right of a ticket.
A Standard Flow of Using Splashtop On-Prem with Freshservice
Splashtop On-Prem facilitates Frehservice technicians (or agent) to reach out to the computer of an end user (or requester) so that problem troubleshooting can be much more efficient.
To walk through the support cycle with Splashtop On-Prem inside Freshservice platform, the technician should have Splashtop On-Prem client app installed in his computer.
To learn how to install Splashtop On-Prem client, please refer to the article below:
Please be reminded that only Windows and Mac clients are supported right now.
The end user does not need install anything in his computer.
1. End user (Requester) submits a ticket from Freshservice portal
2. Technician (Agent) opens the ticket. On the Splashtop On-Prem SOS app, click on the link “Create an SOS download link”.
The app window will change to as below:
3. Technician clicks “Insert download link into ticket comment”. A URL link with SOS code is inserted into a reply of the ticket, which the technician can directly send to the end user.
4. End user, upon receiving the reply from the technician, downloads the SOS app from the link and launches. For first-time launch, the end user is required to input the gateway address (qa-sos.test.splashtop.com in this demo) in the SOS interface. If you want to change the Gateway Address for subsequent SOS runs, the gateway address can be changed at SOS Settings > Gateway Address… When the SOS is ready to be connected, the interface shows “Ready for connection” in green.
5. Technician can now remote into the end user’s computer via SOS by clicking Connect button.
Splashtop On-Prem client app will be launched and automatically logged in with remembered credentials and start connecting to the SOS.
With a remote connection to the end user’s computer, it would be much convenient and efficient for the technician to troubleshoot and solve the problem.
6. The download link and SOS code will be valid for 7 days, and the SOS code is reusable, which means the SOS application can be closed and launched again, with the same SOS code retained. When the support case is closed, the Technician clicks “Close the support case”, and that would retire the SOS code manually. Remote session logs, including file transfer history, are inserted into a reply of the ticket which can be saved as a private or public note.